Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Starting to become real...

Yesterday I went to the cardiac clinic, but also ended up seeing my OB Dr P. She is really really happy how things are going. We went over all the scans and she confirmed that my cervix is looking really good and it was probably just mucous in the 19wks scan. She confirmed that my swabs came back clear and I don’t have thrush, (over the weekend I had a lot of pink discharge, when I got checked out I was told I was grazed from inserting pessaries) it is probably the coating of the progesterone pessaries irritating me, so she told me I could give them a break for a few days. I’ll probably stop them for 3 or 4 nights then continue on til about 28wks. My next scan and OB app is when I’m 26wks so we will discuss ceasing them then. I asked Dr P if she was still looking at an early c section and she said yes. She said we could see how we are going if we felt comfortable we could push it back, but I doubt that will happen because I will be 38wks at xmas, and I doubt she would want to leave it til 39wks. I'm not sure if I want to end up in labour over xmas, and end up with an emergency c section..

This morning I went through all my baby stuff to figure out what I need for Button. I went through stuff I had from family day care years ago,filled a bag for the op shop. I just picked out the best stuff and I’m getting rid of the rest.

I went through Taite and Seth’s stuff too. I really don’t need a lot, I will use most of that, I have just kept a few outfits that I wont use and that I will keep just for them. I have picked Button’s going home outfit. It is an all in one but it’s long sleeved so I may have to buy something short sleeve, it will be hot in December.

I am starting to truly believe that Button will be coming home in about 14wks.. I can't wait to get the furniture out of layby, particularly the drawers so I can put the clothes and stuff properly away and not have it all stacked in the wardrobe!

I got really emotional going through the twins stuff. I was all good with the clothes but then I came across the congrats cards I got when they were born and also the books I used to read to them in NICU.. Brought it all back :( I miss my babes so much, I wish they were here to meet their sibling, who is LOVING kicking me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment