Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 79

JETT

Today was a busy day for Jett. He had a wash and Mummy noticed that just above the dressing above his central line was red. I called a nurse, who then called another nurse and they decided to take down the dressing.. His poor little arm was so red and bruised under the dressing and there was a big indent where the line was against his arm :( it looked really sore. He has just gotten so big so the dressing was tight.. They gave it a clean and re dressed it putting gauze under the line, so when he grows it wont indent. I'm so glad it's fixed now, it would have been sore :(

After that big even he got weighed.. My fat man is 2958kgs :) Wow!!!! considering he was 874gms born, he's just huge lol. They are taking into consideration that the frusemide has been reduced though, so they are still using 2.7 as a working weight. Jett's morph and medaz was weaned to 4mcgs from 10 today.. Caffeine is to stop next week. Good news is, if the IV tissues Dr D is just going to give the frusemide orally, so no more IV's :)

The nurse that has him tonight put ear muffs on him because he was getting restless when it got a bit noisy in there. He looks very cute. Jett loves it when I sing to him, last night he was really unsettled so I wrapped him up tight and sang 'silent night' to him and he calmed and went to sleep straight away. Today I was singing 12 days of xmas.. He loved it :) All the nurses love Jett. Even when they are not in his room some of them come to visit him. The nurse that has him tonight hasn't had him since he had surgery. She can't believe how big he is.. He's Mama's growing boy!!!

MUMMY

Well today is the day that the OB and I spoke about making his birthday, waaay back when I was still pregnant lol. I would have been 36+6wks today. Although the date wasn't booked, I know that he would have been born by planned c section in the next week, hopefully home in time for Xmas. Well, that's so far from reality!! I can't believe my baby is almost 3 months old.

I do think of the what if's, but he's here and I am so blessed he's fighting so hard. I am so grateful that this xmas I will be with my only living son. I miss Taite and Seth so much. I wish I was buying them pressies from Santy and I wish I was having a normal Xmas with my babies. I will make the best of it though, it will be a very special Xmas this year with my lil Earthside Miracle. Jett makes me so happy :)

I am looking forward to Xmas. Xmas eve I am going out for dinner with some friends :) I am actually going to get dressed into something that doesn't have breastmilk spilled on it and wear make up Lol. It will be hard to leave Jett, but I normally leave him for an hour or 2 while I have dinner anyway and where we are going isn't far.. I think I will enjoy it, then I can come back and spend the rest of the time with my bub.. They will have a hard time getting me out of the nursery over xmas lol.. I am really hoping that next Xmas will be better though, Jett and I will be home and we can have a proper xmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment