Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 126 & 127 - Feeds started :)

Day 126 - cuddle day

Yay!! Jett started on Mam's milk today! 3mls every 3hours. They started at 8am. I was disappointed they didn't call me and let me know, I missed it by an hour :(.. Anyway, I got over it quickly and I was there for the next one. It is so exciting!! Jett's bowels are definitely working too.. Yay again! Lol..

We had a cuddle this afternoon, it was so nice. We didn't have skin to skin though, I didn't bother undressing him. When he was passed to me, I had him with nothing on his face for a bit. He was smooshing his face into my chest it was so cute. It was so nice to not have to worry about the tube! His CPAP went on soon after but even then if he slips down I can reposition him. It's so much easier. It's nice to hold him in different positions and look at his gorgeous face! We did get pics, but they aren't very good.

Jett copes so well off the CPAP, he'll be weaned fairly quickly I think. :)

Day 127 - wash and weigh

Well to start the morning Jett's CPAP was weaned to 7 from 8 yay!! I forgot to mention when he first went on CPAP his oxygen was 26%, now it's 21%.. (Same as room air!)

Jett had a big bath today :) With nothing on his face!!!!! We still had to be careful to not get his central line wet though. I can't wait til that's out and he can just float around! He cried during most of the bath.. I love hearing his cry.. He cries so loud now.. It's the best sound ever!

He is loving food, I have been putting EBM on his dummy when they put his feed down the tube so hopefully he will make the connection with the taste and suck. It must be so strange for him to have a full belly! He has been aspirating back most of the milk but Dr D said that'll happen, it will probably take a while for his gut to know what to do..

Jett was weighed today, he has lost a bit more weight he weighs 4406gms now..

The surgeons are really happy with how he is, they are going to take his dressing down tomorrow. Hopefully it has healed nicely and wont need to be re dressed.

I am so happy with the ways things are going, Jett is doing poos everyday, breathing and eating!!!! Sounds so basic, but it's definitely such an achievement. He is doing so well on CPAP and he does great off it. It just goes to show that if he didn't have gut problems he would have flown through and we'd be home by now.. It is amazing to think where he came from compared to where he is now. I can't wait to go home.. It's not that far away!!! :)

Snuggy cuddle with Mama after Jett's big bath!

Aww look at that gorgeous face!!!

That's a bit of a huffy face!

CPAP back on, look at my cute outfit!

Fast asleep after my exhausting big bath! Catching flies lol

1 comment:

  1. tears of joy Abby, true tears of joy......well done to you and your super boy.

    ReplyDelete