Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 136 & 137 - I love having a booby baby!

Day 136

Not much happened today, Jett had a breastfeed for his 11am feed, he latched, played latched played then the last time he latched he sucked for a bit. I had a letdown and he coughed and spluttered a bit! He then did a huge burp and fell asleep! Lol..

We had cuddles ALL DAY. The only time he was in his cot was for 2 hours at quiet time and for half hour at handover! There was a spare hospital meal the nurse offered me so I didn't even have to leave for dinner, I just went in the parents lounge and ate :)

I absolutely LOVE being able to just walk in and pick my son up if he's crying! We love cuddles!!!

Day 137

Today Jett did really well at breastfeeding. He latched straight on and fed for a bit. He still plays but I am just so happy he can latch. I was so worried about having latch problems. I knew he wanted to, he's always been a keen sucker on his dummy etc, but as we were both learning I thought it could take some time.. No, not my boy.. He's starving Lol.. Then this afternoon we had a second feed and he was on for about 20mins!!! About 15 of that would have been good sucking with a stop for a burp in between! He even managed to latch back on by himself!!! I am so happy. THIS makes expressing worth it. This makes me feel like although I couldn't carry him to term, at least I can nourish him now.. Plus it means the sooner feeds are coming along the sooner we can go home!

Jett's TPN is down to 12 now, so a maximum of 12 days and he will be on milk completely. Having said that we have to watch he is putting on weight. He was weighed today and didn't put on anything. He was exactly the same.. At least he didn't lose weight..

Jett loved his bath today :)

Anyway this is a rush post, gotta get back to my baby, he's probably wanting Mummy cuddles!!! He has a lot of awake time now. I love it. He entertained some visitors over the last couple of days.. It's so good to see! I'm in love love love!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment