Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 130 & 131

Since this journey is not an emotional rollercoaster anymore (YAY!!) I am thinking of finishing this blog soon.. What I will do instead is create a facebook page for Jett, that way I can control who is able to follow his journey instead of having it public on the net for anyone to find.. I will announce when it is the last ever post, I wont just stop posting, and I will also give details of the face book page so people can request to be added.

The reason I started this blog was originally to give people who have lost babies inspiration that you can get your happy ending.. What it turned into, was a very full on account of what the journey of having a premature baby can be like! I hope that this blog can help other people and give them strength to believe.. Miracles do happen.. Just look!! I feel so blessed :)

Jett at 9 days old

Jett now at 130 days old!

Day 130

Jett is still going really well, he had lovely cuddles yesterday :) I love getting sneaky stand up cuddles in when he has his CPAP off :)..

I ended up having to buy a deep freezer for my milk. I tried to get away with it, but I have filled another 2 drawers at the nursery.. I am donating some, but I still want to save most of it for just in case :)..

Day 131

An eventful day today! Jett's CPAP was weaned to 5 which is the lowest it is weaned to before it comes off. Dr D said after he's been on 5 for a couple of days then she'll cycle him off. Probably 6hrs off, one day, then 12 hours off the next then hopefully off!!! I would love if he was off by the weekend!

Jett had a bath today he isn't really liking his big baths at the moment. He cried the whole time.. It will be better when he gets his central line out and he can have a proper float.. I think he would enjoy being on his tummy in the bath too.. After his bath he had his weigh. He weighs 4644gms now! He has put on a bit of weight! Must be that Mama's milk!

Jett's feeds increased today!!!!! :) Yay! He is now on 6mls every 3 hours and every day it will increase by 3mls, so 9mls tomorrow! I asked Dr D when I can try him on the breast and she said he has to be on about 30 - 40mls per feed.. If his feeds keep increasing and he tolerates it, hopefully that is only a couple of weeks away :)

I think we will be moved to special care in the next couple of weeks. Once he is off CPAP and Dr D is confident he wont go back on it, it should be time to move on! It will be so weird to be out of ICN.. We have been in that room since Jett's first surgery!

Jett had bloods done today. Liver function, a full blood count and they tested some of his trace element levels.. I put EBM on his dummy and he didn't even cry! He is so so brave!

Today I have had 2 cuddles of Jett. Once this morning after his wash and weigh then this arvo he was unsettled so the nurse was happy for me to get him out. He settled straight away (of course!) and was fast asleep soon after. There is no point in him trying to settle him in his cot when he just gets more distressed. If I was at home I would pick him up more than once a day! I'd pick him up whenever he wanted cuddles.. He loves cuddles!

Jett also loves sitting up like a big boy! A change of scenery does him good! Here's a pic of him during some quick time off cpap!

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I heard about your journey through someone else. I have been reading your blog for the last few months, I've cried for your twins, the daily struggles you've had with Jet and cried with happiness at his progress. What a fighter your gorgeous lil man is, what a tower of strength you have been for your son. I'll continue to read while your blog is here, but I just wanted to wish you and your son a beautiful, love filled long long future together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abby,
    I've been following your blog for the longest time. It is a truly remarkable thoroughly documented account of a very special journey. I would somewhat selfishly love to see this blog continued until the incredible day Jett leaves hospital. It would be the complete story of Jett's time in hospital, immortalised online to give hope of complete success to others, and to shine the light (literally, as in the sun) on your amazing boy.

    ReplyDelete