Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 149 - Hearing test

So as expected Jett lost quite a bit of weight now that he's off the TPN.. He now weighs 4728. He did weigh 4898!! No one is worried just yet though, I just hope he puts some back on by Sundays weigh..

Last night was our second night of baby led nursing and Jett again had a great night. He had his last feed at 10 then didn't wake til 2am then 6am, so it was pretty much like the night before. Not sure if I mentioned in the last post but I managed to score a hospital bed on the same floor as Jett so I just stay here now. The nurses just call me when he wakes and I'm only 2 seconds away :).. Jett has still been feeding well during the day, he feeds just about every hour. I don't mind, I love feeding him and cuddling him. It's the best :)

Jett had his hearing test today. They put little ear muffs on him and connect 3 sticky dots (similar to ECG leads) to his head and shoulder. They then measure the brain waves which tells if there's brain response to the sound. Jett's right ear failed, but left ear passed. They re do the test and if he still doesn't pass with both ears we will then see an audiologist. I was a bit surprised he failed, he always responds to noise. I was wondering if maybe the ear phone wasn't stuck to his ear properly and it was letting other sounds in? Anyway I'll find out when they do it again tomorrow. He is at high risk because of the long term ventilation, oxygen etc and considering only a few weeks ago I had no idea if he'd even survive, I think if we get out of here with mild hearing loss in one ear, I think we have done ok.. I know he's not deaf. Anyway, whatever happens I'll deal with.. For now I'm going back to the nice thoughts of getting him home, which is closer than ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment