Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 142 & 143 - 6weeks adjusted

Well my days have been about cuddling and feeding :). Jett is completely demand fed through the day and has fed every 1 to 2 hours. It's been great I have been able to ditch a few expressing sessions. Technically the lactation consultants advise you to express still but I'm too busy holding Jett. I still express in the morning, twice through the day and then before bed and my supply is great :)

Jett's tube feeds are going up 3ml twice daily which means the TPN is coming down 1ml twice daily. Bummer is they put it up because of his weight, but its back down to 7.77 now. Hopefully Wednesday it'll go. Then we can start demand feeding overnight too. Jett's weight today is 4828gms, its good he's putting on weight he's obviously getting enough booby milk :)

I'm really happy feeding is going so well. I am so happy. It shouldn't be much longer and I'll have my son home! I'm finding it quite challenging because Jett needs so much stimulation and its hard being stuck in the one spot. I'm getting head aches all the time from having a sore neck, although the last 2 days I've hidden in the corner with a recliner lol. I'm getting spoilt, if there are any meals spare I always get them. Most of the nurses know me well ;)

Well I'm on my phone and Jett is waking so next update will be in a couple of days :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading & following your amazing journey from afar...checking in every day or few days to see the latest update. I just wanted to say that you are one of the most inspiring women I have ever read about. The strength you have shown through all of this is astounding. I cried so many times reading your blog - never cried harder than when I read about his amazing recovery. I am so happy for you that you are so close to bringing your beautiful boy home! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete