Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 102 & 103

Day 102 - Cuddle day :)

Jett was quite unsettled today, he wanted to suck on his dummy all the time. I don't mind, but because of the tube he can't keep it in his mouth so someone has to hold it. I hold it when I'm there but I worry about when I'm not there. The nurses haven't got time to sit and hold his dummy so he gets upset :( His oxygen has gone up to about 45% today which is quite high. We had cuddles in the evening and he was really settled, but after about an hour he was a bit restless. I still had him for 3hrs though, I'm not sure when I can have another cuddle..

Day 103

Well today Jett was supposed to have his central line out in and some bloods taken but the nursery was really busy with a new admission so it will be done in the morning. I am disappointed because I was hoping to get in a sneaky quick cuddle before Jett's contrast. No such luck :(

Jett slept most of today which was good considering he was so unsettled yesterday. I have been trying to settle him without his dummy and it has worked today. His oxygen requirement has increased again though today up to 50%. It's unusual considering he's not agitated or anything.. He is still needing fairly frequent suctions his lung secretions are still quite thick.

I thought Jett had another eye test today, but the Dr checked the notes and he was given the all clear with his eyes and doesn't have to have them checked for 6 months :) Makes Mama very happy :)Tomorrow will be a busy day with his central line and contrast x ray. I really hope everything goes ok.. Pray, light candles, send vibes, do whatever you believe could help us get good new tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow, sending some prayers Jetts way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow. Sending positive vibes to Jett.

    ReplyDelete