Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 119 - 2 days post op..

Aaah, my lil Jett! He's doing so so well. Both his blood gases today have been good. His Pip was weaned this morning to 22 and then this afternoon his rate was weaned to 35 from 40.. :)

Dr D stopped his flagyl today so now he's just on the ampicillin and gentamicin. There is a little bit of red inflammation around Jett's wound so they are keeping an eye on it. They may start another antibiotic called fluclox. Jett will be slowly weaned off sedation tomorrow, 4mcgs a day.. I hope he handles it.. If he's too uncomfortable they'll just put them back up!

Jett is still pretty wacked out, he opens his eyes but just can't keep them open. It's so cute. He has a bit of swelling but not too bad considering. He looks really good. It is amazing how these little babies can recover so fast!

Apparently there is talk of him having his 2 month immunisations.. I haven't discussed this with Dr D yet.. I'm not fussed on him having them yet. I'll catch her tomorrow morning hopefully.

He's just gorgeous! One of the nurses bought him a packet of stars and said they are to mark his cuteness rating lol. We always joke he scores 20/10 and how it should be recorded on his obs chart lol.. He has a star now stuck to the tape on his cheek.. My lil Jett is a star, he has had lots of nurses visit him since his Op. Everyone is soooo proud of my precious boy!!! Mummy is very proud and so excited.. I bought his car seat today :) I'm so so happy!!! I get to take my boy home!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I can not tell you how excited I am about the news of Jet. What a miracle you have on your hands. I know I may be worlds away, but I am reading your blog everyday and I feel so attached:) Home is in the forefront for you and it makes me smile from ear to ear. You are such a great mama, and Jet is going to be a very happy lil boy having a mama like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the lovely auto correct on my phone has changed his precious name, no phone I truly mean Jett with two Ts. You think technology would get better not worse. If I want my spelling fixed I will do it myself Mr. iPhone!

    ReplyDelete