Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 97,98 & 99

Well, the last few days have been uneventful. That's good, boring and uneventful is what we want :) The contrast xray is definitely next week, but no date or time yet. It's possible I could just walk in one morning and they tell me it's that day. I hope not, I need at least 24hrs to mentally prepare for it! I'm really getting nervous about upcoming surgery...

Jett's oxygen saturation parameters have gone up again since he is full term. Dr D wants him saturating between 92 and 95%. This meant at first his oxygen requirement came up to about 35%, but today it's back down. He hangs between 27 and 30%.

We had lovely cuddles last night for nearly 4 hours. By the time he goes back to bed I'm dehydrated lol, I don't care! I love love love cuddles with my boy!

He had his blood gas this morning and his CO2 was 63 which is really good for him :) His potassium is good still too. His urine out put is still great averaging around 90mls every napy change which is normally 6hrly.

Today he had his first ever big boy bath! Her loved it. He was crying during the transfer but as soon as he was in the water he relaxed straight away! He was splashing one arm about, the other had to be held above the water because of his central line. He had me bathing him, 1 nurse holding him and the other nurse holding his central line and ventilation tube! He will hopefully alternate now between sponge baths and big baths. His weight today was 3832gms :)

Dr D wants us to get a midstream urine sample. So each nappy change I stand there with a sterile jar waiting to catch his wee. Cheeky little monkey wont wee for me though! Normally he loves to wee as soon as the nappy is off, but not now we actually want him to! The reason Dr D wants the midstream is because she wants the cleanest sample possible to try and determine if there is bacteria in his wee, or if it's just on his skin..

My Mum and grandma come today :) Gana has never met Jett before, it's so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment