Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 123 - 6 days post op - 4 months old today!!!

Jett had another good blood gas today. His rate has been weaned to 20. The registrars and nurses are talking about when he'll be extubated.. I absolutely cannot wait to see his gorgeous face without that tube in! Hopefully this week, it is up to Dr D though :)

I want a cuddle, hoping I can have one tomorrow. Jett doesn't appear to be in any pain at all, he lifts his legs when I change his nappy and he isn't agitated or unsettled at all. His sedation has been weaned by 4 again today so he is only on 4mcgs of his M&M's.. His aspirates are still large but they are quite clear.. Again though, it's Dr D's call when he starts feeding.

Today I bought some playschool and wiggles CD's to play him. His Mem bought some wrist rattles and another toy to hang on his cot. He was reaching out and grasping it! He is so clever :) He was awake for ages this afternoon, I love having my alert boy back :)

Jett is still on antibiotics til tomorrow. He will be having his lasix IV as long as the IV lasts.. Secretly I want it to go so he has another hand to hold lol :) He always has his hand on his head and can't do it with the IV,cos the board is in the way.. I think he misses it :)

So another good day for Jett today, Yay!!

Definitely, My hero, just like his outfit says

He loves his new toys!!

1 comment:

  1. He looks so lovely Abby, I can imagine you can't wait to get the tube out. I know with my babies it was so lovely being able to see their faces minus all the sticky tape!!! Keep up the good work Jett. Kirsten xx

    ReplyDelete