Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 120 - 17wks old today, 3 days post op!

Wow!!!! So 3 days post op and my little man is doing so well!!! Jett's oxygen had gone down to 25% overnight! It has gone up a tiny bit today but only to 30%. He seems to like lying with his head to his right, so when he faces the left he's not as happy lol..

His ventilation wasn't weaned further as yet because the blood gas machine has been playing up so he hasn't had his done yet. His sedation has been weaned by 4mcgs, so he has woken up a bit, but still very drowsy! He was lifting his legs up when I was doing his nappy. Ouch!!

Jett's aspirates from the NG tube are getting clearer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are waiting for Dr D's clearance to start mama's milk.. I'm trying not to get too excited though.. They may still wanna wait til he poos or farts which he hasn't yet. The bit of inflammation around his tummy has settled right down so they shouldn't need to put him on fluclox.. Awesome! The surgeons, Drs and nurses are all really happy with no concerns :)

My baby is getting dressed and moved to his big cot this arvo when I go back to do his cares. yay!!!

In the early days of our journey I remember saying to Mum "I wonder if there's a time when I'll make it through they day without crying" It happened eventually, but now I'm back to crying everyday. Only this time it's with happiness, joy and so much pride. No matter what happens in my life now, absolutely no one can take my happiness away. I have my son and that's all that matters!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment