Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 35

JETT

Quick one today, Jett has been stable. Contrast will most likely be on Friday, surgery if needed will be next week.. The uncertainty is driving me nuts, but he is ok at the moment and they want him to be the best they can if he does have to have surgery..

He had a wash and weigh today, he loved being washed, normally he hates it, but he was so chilled it was cute! His new weight is 1495gms. It is good that he has lost about 50gms in fluid :)

He is now on daily lasix and had a blood transfusion today as his HB was 80. 5 minutes into the transfusion his cannula tissued.. I was so upset that they had to resite it. It took them over half an hour to get a vein :( Then when they FINALLY got it in a new baby had arrived in the room so I had to leave because there was a sterile procedure. I just wanted to be with my baby and was devastated I missed doing his 6pm cares.. It is so awful, he has no pain relief, it must hurt him, especially when they try and try to get veins.. By the time I went in after the sterile procedure, he was fast asleep on his tummy looking quite comfy.. I stayed for about an hour and a half then came for dinner. Now I am about to have a sleep and go back for his midnight cares..

MUMMY

I am ok now, I was extremely distressed when he had his cannula resited though.. I couldn't make it through today without tears. I wonder when that day will come?

I am very spoilt, I have so many friends who have made me lovely meals and sent me gifts.. I appreciate it all so much!!!

Mum leaves tomorrow, not sure how I will cope without her, but I will somehow.. My brothers need her home, so I guess I have to share..

No comments:

Post a Comment