Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 36 - Cuddles are oh so nice!!!

JETT

Jett is doing well today, not as many desats today.. He had his tube re taped but Mummy was there with him, he coped quite well with it..

He has been so alert today, opening his eyes wide and having a real good look around. My baby is growing up! He has lost heaps of fluid so is looking really really good :)

Dr D came and spoke to me today and explained that at this stage she is still not happy to do the contrast study as his bowel is still showing signs of inflammation so she thinks the contrast could do more harm.. She discussed with the surgeons the possibility of just operating without the contrast but they weren't happy to do that because they don't want to miss anything that the contrast could pick up, so it's a balancing act at this point.. Dr D said next week, it will most likely be done whether he is better or not, so hopefully the inflammation goes.

This afternoon we had cuddles.. 4hrs of skin to skin bliss. We love cuddles :)

Now I'm just at home (well Ron's) feeling nice and relaxed after my cuddle. I'll go back in about an hour to express and read his bedtime story then BED :)

MUMMY

Oh dear, where to begin? So Mum left today, I really wish she didn't have to go, she helped me so much and it was so nice having her here. I know she'll be back though.. As if she can stay away from her lil Jettski!! Lol..

I had a psychologist appointment today, that was good, I spoke about Taite and Seth a bit. They would have been 3 this month. I am finding it harder the closer it gets. Especially with the amount of twins in NICU. I have no idea what I will do for their birthday yet, but I'll figure it out.

TMI paragraph about boobs.....

Physically I am still really run down, I have had chronic thrush on my nipples for about 2wks and it's just not getting better. I'm doing all the right things, so in the end the registrar from ORC (Obstetric Review Centre)spoke to a dermatologist for me. She recommended I stop the antifungal cream and I am prescribed hydrocortisol cream and they took a swab. They think maybe I have some sort of allergy or contact dermatitis. They also took a swab to rule out infection although that is unlikely because I am on loads of antibiotics due to this retained product.. Anyway hopefully this will all be resolved soon because it makes expressing even more painful than it already is...

No comments:

Post a Comment