Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 41 - Update

JETT

Jett has still had a few desats involving him going grey, it's very scary, but he hasn't had anymore bradys.

The surgeons came to talk to me and the plan is they will most likely operate tomorrow. They will make a small cut in his right side and create a stoma. Then when he gets a bit stronger they will then go ahead with the contrast and do another surgery to remove the dead or narrowed part of the bowel, then he'll have another surgery to reverse the stoma.. So 3 surgeries, but they just feel that he wouldn't be strong enough to tolerate the full surgery tomorrow.

I have been advised that surgery is risky, but leaving it could be riskier. We are worried that if he doesn't have surgery, he could end up with a perforation and that would result in emergency surgery. At least this way, it's planned, through the day with lots of back up and Jett's Dr will be there. I think that they have left it as long as they can, and by doing this stoma once he recovers Jett will be able to get back on Mama's milk and get stronger for the next surgery. I have been assured I have a great team, 2 of the best surgeons will be doing the operation. (So they tell me) Bub wont be transported to the childrens hospital, they are just going to a procedure room on the same floor to minimise travelling.

I have to consent to the surgery of course, but I honestly feel that between his Dr's and the surgeons they have weighed up the risks over time and decided accordingly. I don't feel it has been a rash decision on anyones part and everyone wants the best possible outcome for my baby. There are no guarantees though. I am really scared.

MUMMY

I have had an awful day today, so much to process. I have no clue how I am going to sleep tonight, but I know I need to, because I need to be strong for my baby tomorrow.

Anyone reading, please pray to whoever/whatever you believe in.

I have faith my little Jett Plane will pull through, he's so brave and strong. He has so many people who love him and lots of special guardian angels watching over him.

I am still so scared and I can't believe this is happening to my boy :(

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying hard for the best possible of outcomes for little Jett PLane tomorrow hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby

    Sending you, Jett and family all the love in the world. You're a wonderful mother Abby and your little boy knows it. I don't know why you both have to go through this hell but you are getting through something most people could never ever imagine. Don't underestimate your strength (even when you feel you have none left), because your blood runs through little Jett's veins and he has that strength too.

    There are no words to make this any easier all I can say is do whatever you feel you need to for you and Jett to get through this because no one truly gets it unless they've walked in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of love and strength to you and Jett for his surgery - I've been thinking about you all day xx

    ReplyDelete