Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 47

JETT

My boy had a big day today.. Last night his IV tissued and Dr D had already said that because he is very hard to get IV access, another central line would be put in. So today it was. They got the Director of NICU Dr Cartwright to do it. He got it in first time :) So Bubby now has 2 central lines and an arterial line. He handled it so well though, my brave boy.

His ventilation has been weaned AGAIN! His rate is now down to 35! WOW! Lol. His platelets are starting to come up by themselves and his HB is ok, so no transfusions.. Dr D is really happy with him, that infection is still at bay, blood cultures are still negative :)

Jett is now weaned off ALL BP meds :) :) :) His morph and medaz were weaned to 16 this morning and Dr D will hopefully wean him by 4 everyday til he's off.

The new AB he started yesterday is called vancomycin. He is now only on lasix once a day instead of twice and his edema has gone down soooo much!

Today he was so cute, when I did his cares I left his nappy off for ages. He loved it, kicking all over the place, lifting his bum up off the bed. He is so strong. Then as soon as I put the nappy on he peed, but he didn't wait til I got the nappy done up so it went everywhere.. It's the small things like that that make me feel like a real Mum. :) It is awesome with him being in an open cot. I have heaps more access to him. He will be in an open cot for a long time yet. Probably until the drains come out.

He is getting moved out of his private room. It was supposed to be earlier today, but there was a delay so he might be moved by the time I get back tonight. We have gone into a different room than he was in. It is the room Taite was in when he was first born. Disappointed we can't go back to our room, but there is a good medical reason so I'm totally happy with the decision made.

I am amazed everyday how much my babe is improving. I am hoping with every fibre of my being he is telling me "Mum, this is a sign I'm coming home" I need this Baby to come home. I am so so so in love!!! He is so responsive to mine and Mum's voice. He knows exactly who I am.. He does that smile when I talk and trys to open his eyes. He couldn't quite get them open today. He gets the shits badly. Such a strong little personality!! Strong like his Mama :) :) :)

MUMMY

I have a little lump in my belly and it hurts so off to ORC I went today. They seem to think it's from the clexane injections but I'm not so sure.. Anyway, I have an U/S tomorrow, so hopefully if anything is there it will show.

BOOB TMI :)

I got the Dr there to call my cardiologist at Prince Charles and ask if I can take Diflucan for my thrushy boobs she said yes!!!!! I am so hoping this works.

I am seeing the psychologist regularly, I saw her today and we discussed how they could help me if we had a bad outcome. I told her to drug me... But wait til after the funeral because I want to plan it myself.

I am feeling good today though so don't want to talk about that.. I'm not in denial though. I have thought about it.

Apart from that I feel good. My relationship is over, but I'm good with that. No loss. I have been doing this NICU journey by myself (well with Mum) so it makes no difference. I don't have any energy to focus on anything or anyone but Jett. My boy is my world..

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say you are the strongest woman I know. Your courage inspires so many. I pray daily that your prince charming has the strength to take on this world and with you guiding him how can he not.

    As a mum to 2 boys I have been so moved by the story of your boys, I just wish there was something I could do to help ease your burden.

    ReplyDelete