Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 49













JETT


Pic 1 - Lil Jett with his eyes open while his Mem (my Mum) blocks the light from his eyes!

Pic 2 - My Baby is taking over the nursery! Has his own bar fridge next to his cot..

Pic 3 - Even in the hospital, you can't escape Chrissy decorations

Pic 4 - My baby loves holding his glad wrap blanky :)

Another good day today with bub's ventilation. The surgeons came to see Jett this morning and took the steri strips off his scar. I can't believe it's healed already! It is barely noticeable! They were thinking of taking out the drain in his abscess but although it's not draining anything through the drain, serous fluid is coming out all around it so they want to leave it in for now..

Bub's rate is down to 35 again, Pip 15 peep 6 and he's around 30% oxygen. A bit higher for handling.. Jett is so brave, when the surgeon was poking around his tummy he barely reacted. Unbelievable! His morph and medaz are down another 4, so he is on 12mcg.

He had his tube re taped today. He has another skin tear on his face :( Only tiny, his skin must be so fragile. The nurse was very careful and used loads of remove.

His blood results were good, his platelets are still coming up by themselves and his HB is still high enough to escape a transfusion. He is still puffy but he doesn't need an albumin transfusion just yet.

When the nurses had to redress around Bubs drains he had his nappy off.. Jett loves nappy off time :) He also loves having his feet massaged when I change his sats probe. It's very cute.

MUMMY

I am going insane I'm so tired. I expressed this morning and fell back asleep and didn't wake til 8. I freaked because I wanted to get there to see the surgeon. Luckily I made it and all my anxiety went away once I saw my beautiful son :)

I went to ORC today to see about the results of my ultrasound and basically they said they are not sure whether it's retained product or an AVM and no one wants to send me to theatre because I am too risky. They were having a big meeting with consultants today and were hoping to make a plan. Unfortunately my consultant wasn't there so they are going to try and chase her down tomorrow. Both these conditions (retained product or AVM) can cause major issues (AVM can be life threatening) if left, so someone will have to do something soon. I don't want to have to go to theatre when Mum goes home. At least while she's here she can sit with Jett when I can't. My nipples are still really sore. I have to hand express out of my left side because its too sore to use the pump.. I'm really really going insane with it.. If the diflucan doesn't work, a dermatologist is my only hope. I don't want to lose my milk supply, so expressing 8 times a day with sore boobs is just what I have to do. I am under so much stress, not only with Jett, but with other stuff too. Luckily I have heaps of support from my friends. Everyone is doing everything they can to help me. Things will be sorted soon hopefully. I just have to believe in it all working out.. It will be all worth it when Jett comes home and we are both healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment