Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 59 & 60

JETT

Day 59

Jett had a really good day, he had minimal handling, only getting touched by me doing his cares and his nurse doing his suctions, he was sitting on 40% oxygen and was really comfortable. He was handling his suctions and head turns a lot better than he had been and the nurse put it down to his albumin transfusion he had overnight. It helped with his fluid retention and made him more comfortable :)

Unfortunately though he had to have his tube re taped :( So much for minimal handling! He rarely has days where he is just left alone. He coped really well though with no bradys :)

Apart from that yesterday was a quiet day, with no changes to his ventilation.

Day 60

This morning when I came in my lil baby was a bit unsettled, wriggling and crying :(. I did his temp and it was high, but it must have been the position of the temp probe not reading properly and making his cot hot. By the time I did his cares and settled him his temp was back down to normal thank god, and he was really settled again. (His temp probe was also adjusted)

He was weighed today, he's a huge 2265gms! A lot of it still would be fluid, but he should be 2kgs we think. He's getting so big, imagine how big he would be if he was on Mama's milk! When they weighed him he had a bed change, so while they were getting the scales and his new linen ready he had some nappy free time. He loves it, kicking his legs and lifting his bum up. I wish he could have more nappy free time, but it is really hard, because if he wee's on the sheets it's quite an ordeal to change them. I give him as much nappy free time as possible though it's good for him and he enjoys it so much.

I don't think anything else happened today. Jett's Dad visited for a whole 1hr today. I went back after he was gone while Jett had another head turn. He didn't like it and had a bit of a brady, nothing major though and his recovery was quick. I hope he has another settled day. He is so much better than he has been. He has to have his dressings around his drain changed today though, I doubt he'll like that :(

MUMMY

While Jett's happy, I'm happy! As I said above he has been much more settled and comfortable so I'm glad. He was doing the smiley face he does so much yesterday and this morning. It's soooo cute!!

Today was an exciting day for a couple I met up here. They got to take their twins home after 10wks and 2 days :) We became good friends because the twins were in the same room as Jett for quite sometime. I'm so excited for them, and I can't wait til that day comes for Jett and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment