Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 34

JETT

We had cuddles today!!!! The contrast imaging will probably be Thursday, from speaking to the Dr (although Jett's Dr wasn't here today)nothing at this stage is certain, just waiting waiting.. He has had a fairly good day today, his morning blood gas was good so his rate was reduced to 45 and his pressure (PIP) was reduced from 20 to 18 which is great news. He looks good, and loved cuddles with Mummy :)

We had skin to skin for 4hrs and we had a lovely sleep together. His oxygen has been swinging a bit, but mainly good. I am hoping it not the duct in his heart starting to cause trouble.. His oxygen support is ranging from 27% and has only been taken up to 32% today during movement and cares..

I can't believe I have forgotten to mention MY BABY SMILES!!! He has been smiling from 3wks old :) I swear it's not wind or a funny facial! (Ok it may be but it looks soooo cute! Especially when I say "I love you Jett" and he does it!)

I think that's about it for today, not much else has changed, contrast imaging will probably be Thursday, not sure about anything else...

MUMMY

I feel good today, cuddles are so good.. After cuddles I went shopping and bought some tops and a skirt. I felt normal and because I had such lovely cuddles I managed to enjoy shopping and didn't feel anxious once.

We have a really really good crew in our room. We all chat and share our experiences. It was really special today to the parents of one bub have a proper big bath :) It will be a sad day for me when they graduate to the next room,(for my own selfish reasons of course!! I love having a laugh with the parents :) but it is so beautiful to see them doing so well, we are really happy for them.. On the other hand though, one of the Mum's had a rough time with her boy last night and today, it is so sad to see :( and it is s a stark reminder that things can change so quickly and at any time. It is a very emotional place to be..

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully all is good with his contrast imaging... and just a little note hun... it's day 34, not 44 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Just wanted to let you know, they are true smiles I strongly believe it!! When you think about it logically and as a Kind NICU nurse told me "Does anyone smile when they have wind", No...
    I am so happy to hear you had cuddles...I will be praying every night and day. Keep up the fight lil man :)

    Lots of love from your IC Sister Stokesd

    ReplyDelete