Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 33

JETT

Jett is apparently 'stable' enough to have the contrast imaging done. The Dr will be waiting a couple of days because as of tonight he has finished his anti biotics so she wants to make sure he doesn't show signs of infection now he's off them.. IF he doesn't, the contrast imaging will be done and then if it does show a stricture (which they are almost certain is the case)he will probably be in for surgery when theatre is next available.. It could be that day, or soon after. Either way, Jett will be having surgery, and soon. Probably this week.. :(. I'm so so scared, I haven't had a chance to talk with the surgeons to discuss exactly what happens but I will tomorrow..

I don't want my tiny baby to have surgery. So more tears today.. It isn't fair, my poor little Jett :(

Apart from that crap news, he is doing ok, oxygen down to 27% most of today. He had a wash and weigh this morning he now weighs 1546gms!! He still has fluid, and still had his tubes being held, so it's not that accurate, but he has gotten bigger. He's soooo CUTE!! He has such a personality, responding to everything. He wasn't liking being touched today, I think he was a bit cold with the port holes of the isolette open, everytime I had my hand in he'd wriggle and desat. I'd take my hands out and close the window his oxygen would go up.. Last night though it was the opposite, he loved Mummy stroking his head.. I love my Bubba so much :)

MUMMY

I'm very upset and scared. Surgery is a big deal and my babe is so tiny.. I hate the uncertainty of it all.. I hate that I could walk in one morning to be told the contrast imaging will be done then surgery could be that day.. I wish I could at least have a day, a time, so I could process it a bit more before it happens..

This sux, this place is a very hard place to be in. I can't wait for the day I take my baby home..

No comments:

Post a Comment