Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 20 - Cuddle day :)

JETT

Jett is doing well :) I forgot to mention yesterday that Daddy surprised us by coming to visit with Jett's big brother.. they didn't stay long, but it was good Jacob got to see Jett again :) I also forgot to mention yesterday that they started him on caffeine, just as a stimulant to prepare for going off ventilation. He is now off all blood pressure meds. All he is on now is the caffeine, lipids and TPN!! Oh and nilstat in his mouth and nappy and bactroban for his neck..

Last night he had his arterial line removed which is great, but not the way it happened.. The nurse was taking a blood sample out of the line and his artery spasmed cutting off the blood supply to his fingers! His fingers had no colour, it was scary. They got the line out though and didn't have to replace it!! Great news! He is only having a blood gas once a day now and that is from a heel prick. I was there at 6 this morning so I could hold his hand for his first heel prick ever and he didn't even flinch. My brave boy! I was more scared than he was...

He had his NG tube changed today (I think it's every 4 days) and Mummy was there holding his hand. It's so hard to watch, but the nurses are really experienced and quick. It must be so uncomfortable though :(.. He is still feeding, he is having milky aspirate, but nothing enough to stop feeds again, so my lil Man, will fatten up more in no time!

He is settled on his tummy now, so he is coming out for a cuddle this afternoon :) He has been desating a bit, but is pretty good, so I'm hoping he will love his cuddle like he did the first one.. Mummy will try and have a sleep, that will be so nice..

MUMMY

Mummy feels much better today. Still get upset watching my boy go through so much, but I am ok. I am grateful for my baby and grateful he wont remember this time in his life. (I will probably need therapy for the rest of my life lol).. I am trying to practise attachment parenting as much as I can in this environment and I am there with him as much as I physically and mentally can be. I can't wait to have skin on skin later!! :)

I was supposed to see a counsellor tomorrow and she cancelled.. The appointment hasn't been rescheduled yet, as they are not sure when she will be back.. Oh well, I have lots of people to talk to if I need to, I just don't want to right now.. Still not up to visitors from the outside world, but I'm sure I'll be ok again soon.

I am keeping an eye on my milk supply as I have stopped taking fenugreek, as apparently it can affect Bub's blood sugar. The Lactation Consultant said I could speak to Dr D about taking it if I really need it, but I have stopped it for the moment, I don't want to upset anything when Jett's just started back on feeds. I am still expressing 2-3 hourly, so I hope my supply is still ok..

No comments:

Post a Comment