Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 23 - Wash and weigh day :)

JETT

Today Jett was washed and weighed today.. He seems to be getting used to his baths, he didn't screw his little face up quite as much today and his saturations remained fairly good throughout, although his oxygen support was increased to 30% from 26% (from memory).. My little fatty weighs 1126gms or 2.4lbs :).. I am a bit worried he is getting fluid retention again as his tummy and hands looked a bit puffy today. He has gone back up to 2ml feeds, but his aspirate was a bit greener today than yesterday, but Dr D still wants to push on with the feeds and hopefully get this gut working as it should. He still hasn't pooed since he had the microlax, so we are hoping he does soon, or he may have to have another one :(.. His NG tube and tape was changed tonight, Mama hates watching that. It's painful for him getting the tape off his face, even though the nurses are gentle as they can be, the tape is so sticky and his skin is fragile..

Jett has started having bradycardias (bradys for short)it freaks me out a bit, but I know it's something I'll get used to.. I watched the twins have a few in their short life..

Apart from that, not much has changed, ventilation staying the same for now. His sodium was a bit low yesterday, so he had some extra sodium and they are just watching it now..

MUMMY

So, apparently the MRI showed retained product in my uterus. I am on anti biotics for 4wks, and twice weekly check ups. The Drs don't want to give me a D&C, which is good. The bad thing is, I may keep having bleeds. I had a small hemorrhage tonight, but it was in the toilet, so I didn't soak through my clothes. I will also have a follow up ultrasound in 4wks.. One of Jetts nurses was telling me tonight about a natural remedy to get rid of retained product was apparently tea tree oil vapourised.. I may as well give it a go..

I saw a psychologist today. I will be seeing her weekly. She is nice, I just talked and vented a lot of my 'issues'.

Mum arrived today, so I am taking the big step and going home tomorrow night while Mum 'babysits' Jett. I know she will sit with him and read him his bed time story. I also know she will call me if I am needed, so hopefully I can relax and enjoy my own bed for a night.. I am so glad she is here.. All is ok with the world for now. Mummy's fix everything.. Well, not always. I wish could fix everything for my babe.. At least I am there holding his hand.

It was a sad day today. We had a couple of baby losses :( I wont go into any details, but I had seen the Mums around and spoken to them briefly. It was sad to hear of their babies passing. I haven't seen either of them since. I wish I could give them a hug. I wish they didn't have to go through it. I'm very very sad for them. I just hope and pray they have the support to help them through this horrible time.

That's it for me, time to sleep. Jett was tucked up sound asleep when I left.. Have I mentioned I love him so much and think he is sooo CUTE!! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment