Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 13 :)

JETT!

Bubba has had a good day today. His fluid has gone down heaps, and he is looking much better. His neck is getting better every day. He had another xray today, his lungs look ok and his gut looks ok too. He is still aspirating bile from his NG tube, but not as much and not as dark.. Dr D said it's not a major concern at the moment, as long as we keep him nil by mouth. Now that his chest drains are out Bubby can lay on his tummy now which helps shift the fluid. His dopamine and dobutamine have almost been completely weaned, his morph and medaz have been weaned to 12 which is great so my baby is active again. He wants to open those eyes!! He hasn't yet though.. I really hope I'm there when he does..

THE BIG NEWS!

His nitric oxide has been weaned to 1.8 and will be turned off at midnight!!! This means 1 step closer to a cuddle..

MUMMY!

There are 2 bigger bubs in his room, they are allowed to be held and breast feed. I'm finding it really hard. I want to hold my baby. I hate not being able to. I feel really jealous and ripped off. I am so tired and just wish I could get comfortable touching him.. I almost fall asleep against the isolette, holding his beautiful little hand. I forced myself to leave tonight to eat, but I feel so shit I can't..

1 comment:

  1. hey beautiful
    ask nurses for a recliner .. you don't have to be in a 'cuddle' to be worthy of one, especially when you are there late after other parents have left.

    breastfeeding in room 3? far out! i only saw breastfeeding in room 2 and up .. must be busy in ICN at present.

    hoping you n dr d are planning that first magic cuddle in the day or too. it will inspire his will to live and fill your freezor tray with liquid gold!

    ReplyDelete