Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 22 - Cuddle day!

JETT

Again no news is good news.. No changes to his ventilation, still needs oxygen support sometimes during cares repositions etc. He was tried on 2ml feeds today, but they went back down to 1ml as he was having lots of aspirate. It wasn't bile, just milky, but they didn't want to push him.. He was weighed yesterday and now weighs 1050gms! He got a blue star with 1kg on it :) Yay for my chubba Bubba!

WE HAD CUDDLES TODAY.. 4hrs of beautiful skin to skin! He didn't handle getting out of the cot well, he had bradycardias (drop in heart rate) and oxygen dropped, but once he was settled on Mama he stayed there very happy and his oxygen was able to be turned down again. Mama slept, Jett slept, it was so relaxing and we had a beautiful nurse. Actually both shifts were amazing nurses :)I read him a story after it and left him feeling very peaceful..

MUMMY

I had another bleed this morning, long story short, yesterday arvo I had a scan which showed clots in my uterus, today I was sent for an MRI and although we haven't got the official report yet, it looks like it's retained product, which will mean a D & C... Not happy, but I can't keep hemorraging, so I'll just have to deal with it. I see a registrar tomorrow for the official report and action plan. My Mum is coming up to be with me, thank god.. At least Jett wont be by himself while I am recovering. Also I might be able to catch up on some sleep while Mum sits with Jett. Speaking of sleep, that's what I'm about to do. Jett has another wash and weigh tomorrow. I hope I am there and not getting prepped for theatre :(

I got my new breast pump today, it's great!! Shame I have to dump my milk because of the contrast they used for the MRI.. I hate pumping then watching all that hard work got to waste!! Oh well after midday, I can keep it again.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment