Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 18 - Mummy got another cuddle!

JETT

It's been a big few days for our lil Jett Plane, and it showed today.. Mummy had a cuddle, but he didn't handle it too well. I was reclined back and he wasn't liking it, with his oxygen dropping down to as low as 69% :(... The nurses wanted to put him in his cot, but when they sat me up, he came good again. Between a change of position, his oxygen pumped up & some suction of his lung secretions he was ok for a bit, but then it started again. His cot got changed and in it he went. He became more settled then I left for quiet time..

When I arrived back, he was positioned on his tummy. He had both arms by his sides and he didn't like it.. His Sats were dropping and he was wriggling a lot. He looked uncomfortable and his saturations suggested that too. I repositioned his arm, but it was still uncomfortable for him, so the nurse and I did his cares and put him on his back where he seemed pretty comfortable. He has been ok since, but still desating (which means oxygen drops) quite a bit :( His blood gases are only done 12th hourly now, and his last gas showed his carbon dioxide was high at 66, when it should be around 35 - 45, so they turned his breath rate up to 35 on his ventilation..

I hope he was just having a shitty day and he is better tomorrow. He still opened his eyes for Nanny and Poppy and also my friend Jasmine who came to visit.

When I left tonight, after reading him his bedtime story, he was asleep and settled.

MUMMY

*Sigh* Where do I start? I am feeling sad today. It was really heartbreaking seeing him desat so much when I was holding him :(.. He belongs with me, but is too fragile to handle it. That's really hard :(.. Now he opens his eyes and is so aware, it makes it really hard to leave him at night.. I absolutely HATE the thought of him waking up and I'm not there :(.. Truth is, I can't be there 24hrs a day. I want to be, but, I need to rest, write my blog (otherwise I will forget what the days events are) and eat.. I am seeing a counsellor on Wednesday. I have no idea where to start. The trauma of my birth? The trauma of having a premmie? The feelings of helplessness and failure? The feeling of loneliness being up here, living away from my home, partner and pets? Fuck, we only have an hour!

Feeling crap tonight. I wish things were different. I know there's no point even saying it, nothing is going to change anything, and I am so grateful to have Jett alive, doing reasonably well, but I can't help thinking what I have missed out on.. The whole 3rd trimester of pregnancy, my maternity shots but mostly, just being a normal mother. Birthing my baby and taking him home. I know it's just time. I know he'll come home and I can mother him all I want, but this is just so fucking hard right now. He's going through so much, all because my body failed.. Again. It already failed Taite and Seth. I couldn't be at a memorial service today to honour Taite and Seth, because I was here. I should have been 28wks pregnant with Jett safely tucked up inside..

I am so happy my baby is alive, but I just wish I was still pregnant. :( Just had to get all that out. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for both Mama and li Jett.?? I hope so..

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful woman ... Gorgeous post. So full of raw truth. So much you have to absorb and process yet remaining in the now is needed for your baby. You are so aware and riding these torrential tides perfectly. Hang in there xxx

    ReplyDelete