Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 6 - Update..

JETT

So another night of gases being up and down. Things change so quickly, last night when I left the nursery he was on low ventilation with no oxygen, but that drastically changed and does from time to time.. His morph and midaz have been increased from 8 to 10mcg, he's just so active and we can't have him hurting himself! Due to him being so unstable last night he was having frequent blood gases, so his HB dropped a bit. He had a transfusion from 3pm - 9pm and his last gases were great! He is however having his head scan brought forward just in case he has had a bleed. Hopefully not and the HB just dropped from the blood gases.. So tomorrow will be a bit scary, but he is not having any other symptoms that indicate a brain bleed, so fingers crossed.

Today his cannula tissued and his hand blew up, it is so swollen, my poor babe :( I cried when I saw his hand. It's awful, I know what that feels like :(
A positive though, they put the cannula in his foot so I have held his hand all night.

BIG NEWS!! Jett started feeds today! He has had 3 lots of half a Ml and no aspirate, so that shows he is tolerating it well. I got milk on my finger and bathed his face in it tonight. When I put it near his mouth he stuck his tongue out, so I know he's had a taste.

Oh and something funny, he peed twice while I was changing his nappy lol. He can squirt for how tiny he is! It went all up his leg and on the plastic he uses to keep his body temp up, cheeky little man. He is a real fuss pot. Normally nappy changes are 6 hourly, but my little Jett wants them more often. He gets fussy and wriggly til they change it. He's so CUTE!!!

MUMMY

My days are always up and down. I swing between feeling so guilty I couldn't keep him warm in my belly, to just accepting this is how it is. I am a bit worried about the scan tomorrow. I'm trying not to, but it's hard..

I think my milk supply is slowing so a quick call to a friend was made and some lactation cookies are on their way soon.. Can't lose this supply, my Bubba loves Mama's milk!

Because of the sedation he was extremely settled today and I touched him probably the most I have since he was born. I put my finger in his hand and he clasps it. It is the most amazing thing. I am so in love with my boy. He is so perfect!

I'm being discharged tomorrow yay! I am being D/C with clexane, so I have to inject myself, oh the joy.. I am looking forward to making my home away from home. I am missing Jade he has stayed at home to go to work but is coming up tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a good day, with my bub stronger and I will (hopefully) have had some sleep so I will have strength to make lots of milk.

2 comments:

  1. your strength is inspiring, many hugs, thoughts and prayers for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for updating so honestly and openly. I love how you speak for Jett and then yourself; there are indeed two journeys happening here, entwined as they may be.

    Yay for Mama's Milk!

    ReplyDelete