Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy 1 month Birthday Jett!! (Day 31)

JETT

Jett has been improving everyday. They haven't made anymore changes to his vent, so as it stands rate is 55, pip is 20 (or 21, I can't remember lol)and oxygen ranges from 27% up to 34% depending on what's happening..

He is looking much better, his tummy is still distended and he still has a bit of fluid, but he is almost back to being himself. He is much more alert and is opening his eyes again. It was awful when he had that much fluid he couldn't even open his eyes..

He is having twice daily blood gases, his sodium is still a bit low, so that is still being added to his TPN.

I missed the surgeons and Drs today when they came around but apparently, they think he has the stricture ( a Dr mentioned (Hirschsprungs disease) they still want to do the contrast imaging but he is still not stable enough yet.. I really need to speak to a Dr more about this because according to Dr Google, children/babies with this condition need surgery :(..

Jett had a lovely wash today and is tolerating being on his tummy :) I am happy for the selfish reason of I want cuddles!!!!! Hopefully within the next few days we can look at cuddles again. He seems to be tolerating being handled a bit better now.. He has such a strong little personality. He is over the books I have been reading him. 2 days in a row now when I have started reading to him he has screwed up his face with the shits and his sats have dropped Lol.. He certainly knows what he does and doesn't like!

MUMMY

I'm the same, plugging along not thinking about my mummy going home.. I have been put back on clexane but only half dose, I'm still on antibiotics, Iron and Vit C, I am having twice weekly reviews at the Obsteric Review centre and will have a scan in about 3wks to see if there is still retained product or not. I am getting a routine slowly but surely, 1 that incorporates sleep expressing and time with Bub..

1 comment:

  1. I am just wanting you to know that I love reading your blog! I read your post on the ic forum and that is how I found your blog about precious baby Jett. I am the mother of two preemies and I can relate to so much of what you are going through. I also have a very close friend who has a son with hirschspungs. If you have any questions or ever need to talk feel free to email me. Avanbalen@gmail.com I can also give you her email as well if you have any questions about hirschprungs disease. Until then I will look forward to each and every blog post from you until d-day!

    ReplyDelete