Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 8



JETT

My Bubba doesn't like night time! He had a very unstable night last night, his oxygen being up to 95% :( His feeds were stopped, but have started again and now his oxygen is back to about 50%.. He had another chest x ray, but his lungs are still ok, he doesn't need anymore drains at this stage. The mean pressure of his ventilation increased from 14 to 15 and the ventilation (wobble) increased over night too but is gradually decreasing. His sats were very good while Mama was there, but when I changed his bum his oxygen went down to 69.. It came back up when I stopped annoying him though! He has been stable today and has been holding Mama's hand while I read to him. I went and bought him some books today, I'm sick of reading the same one! I keep telling him, his breathing has to stabilise before Mummy can give him a cuddle, so hopefully it will. At the moment though he is not looking like coming off the high frequency just yet.

MUMMY

Mummy is exhausted! Pumping every 2hrs and I'm over it! Mum and I went and had a de brief with the anasthetic nurse on duty the night of his delivery. It was good to have any questions answered (not that I had many) and just talk about what happened in theatre. It was also very scary to hear her say again that it was such a critical situation. She confirmed I lost 7.5 litres of blood and my volume would only be about 4, so I lost almost double my blood volume. Scary shit. Even the nurse started tearing up talking about it. So again I urge anyone if they can to become a blood donor. My Bub will probably need another one in a day or so. He's had 2 so far..

Jade is coming up to stay with me tomorrow night yay! I miss him.. Sad thing is, Mum is going :( I don't know what I would have done without her.. Anyway, about to have a little rest then get back to my baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment