Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 16 - Mummy's 1st cuddle!!



JETT!

What an amazing day! The pics say it all!!! I was at the obstetric review clinic when Jett's nurse called me. She said Bub had been taken off high frequency ventilation and was doing well and she had spoken to Dr D about a cuddle and Dr said we just have to be careful of his arterial line.. It took me a second to comprehend what she had said, then it clicked.. I can have a CUDDLE!!!! So I left the clinic and went straight around, I did his cares then the nurse got the recliner set up for me and away we went.. 2 hours of skin to skin :) It was so nice!

My Bubba is doing so well, he is off dopamine and dobutamine. Off the sedation completely, and Dr D thinks we might start steroids on Monday and try to get off ventilation completely.. Oh they also gave him a bit of microlax and he did his 1st poo!! I am so so happy today, and the milk sure is flowing now :) Mama loves her Jett Plane!!!!

MUMMY!

Just happy. I had the most amazing couple of hours!My Dad was here, he took some pics, he goes back tomorrow.. He loves little Jett and was happy he was there to share such a special moment :)

1 comment:

  1. Abby

    OMG - I have tears of absolute joy at seeing the pics of you having skin on skin time with your little Jett plane.

    You are doing an amazing job and you are an awesome mummy.

    Hope the thrush clears up!

    Holding you and your three boys in my heart, as always.

    ReplyDelete