Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 12 :)

JETT

Another good day, HEAD SCAN IS ALL CLEAR!!! Yay! He will have another one week 6, but Dr D said that's just to check for scarring and there is nothing to indicate he would have any :).. His chest drain was to come out today, I left the nursery at quiet time and it was still in, but I'd say it would be out by now..

His delta P was put down to 14, and his nitric oxide put down to 8 from 10.. They are planning on weaning it every few hours.
His Morphine and medaz have been weaned to 16 from 20, they want him to become an active lil bubba again to try and shift some of this fluid. His neck is improving, the skin is still raw, but it's still only the top layer, so it's not too bad.

Unfortunately though today he was vomiting then had 5ml of bile aspirated just before his 9am feed, so feeds have been stopped. He has had an x ray and there is a bit of air in his gut, but Dr thinks it's fine for now and we should just see how he goes. He had his tape changed around his ventilation, and although he didn't like that much, he stayed on room air and recovered really quickly :).. Daddy came up with a mate today (Uncle Benno )to visit, and while we were sitting there he started vomiting again and bile started coming out of his nose :( They then aspirated him but they only got 2mls. The nurse then set up a syringe to his NG tube, so if stuff needs to come up he wont vomit, or have it pour out.. My poor baby.. I was with him for all those things this morning though, and now he is really responding to my voice and touch, which is great.. Makes it very hard to leave though...

MUMMY!

Mummy is good. I bought some more sheets, so later I'll wash them and the ones Suzi brought over for me, and next bed change he can use his own stuff :)Apart from that, I'm stoked about the scan :) :) I can't believe tomorrow he will have outlived his brothers. I wish they were here, I miss Taite and Seth so much, but I know they are watching over Jett, I can just feel it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment