Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Days 24, 25 & 26!! Catch up!

JETT

Well some changes have occurred, bub has had another wash and weigh and now weighs 1196gms! The Dr did his Head Circumference and length for me last night. His HC is 26.2cms and his length is 36cms :) I would love to know how long he was born and how much he has grown..

Bub had thyroid and liver function tests the other day. (not sure if I mentioned that last post?) They came back normal. The reason they were done was because he is still jaundiced, it's from the TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition), but they wanted to rule out any further problems so did the blood test early..

His ventilation has been increased. The rate was increased from 30 to 40, then 40 to 50 and his Peep was increased from 17 to 18.. It's possibly from the duct in his heart but more likely from his Chronic Lung Disease. His little lungs got off to a very bad start. Jett's Dr may consider the steroids again to get him off the ventilator. It's something I have to discuss with her. She hasn't been here over the weekend. He is still desatting, but she is happy not to change anything unless carbon dioxide goes over 65. His ventilation will be weaned if it's under 55.

Saturday was cuddle day, as was today!!! Saturday's cuddle was in the morning, but I only got 2hrs because I ended up busting for the loo.. I held on for as long as I could. I was so pissed off I had to put him in bed so I could wee! Lol. It's not as if I can just get him back out though. Once he's in he's in :( Luckily though today I had a arvo cuddle. I had a decent lunch and not a lot to drink before it, so had him from after his cares at 4.30 til 9.15pm!!! Nearly 5hrs.. I managed to get a sleep myself. It feels so good having my babe against me. I love our skin to skin time, I am loving getting regular cuddles :)

His feeds went up to 3ml today.. He still hasn't pooed though since he had the microlax which was ages ago. Dr isn't too concerned because he isn't having much food, but it would be good if he did. He has a lazy gut by the looks of it. He isn't aspirating bile though, though hopefully his gut will get going soon..

I think that's it for the Lil Jett Plane updates!

MUMMY

Not much to say, now that my Mum is here I am feeling good. I don't want her to leave again. She is such a great help. This morning she went and sat with Jett so I could sleep in a bit and Saturday night I went home for the night. It was ok, I didn't really relax. It was hard to leave the next morning, just rubbed in my face that this isn't how things should be.. But they are. I am having visitors again now, not so shut off from the world now I am feeling better. I have had someone drop some more meals off for me (Thanks Dory) and friends took me to Chermside shopping centre yesterday to get some things. I had a good time, we had some laughs and they came and saw Jett after. I haven't had anymore hemorrhages and hopefully I wont.. I am still exhausted, but I guess that's all part of motherhood, I think it's just exacerbated by having a bub in NICU.. He is doing pretty well though. I'm so proud of my snuggy bubby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment