Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 52 & 53

JETT

Over the last 2 days Jett has been more settled on the 10mcgs of Morph and medaz thank goodness. Yesterday his rate was brought back up to 35 from 30 and his PIP up to 16 from 15 as he was having too many desats. Jett once again showed his authority yesterday when his arterial line lost trace. The nurses weren't sure they if the could save it and were thinking of taking it out when Dr D came along and she repositioned it, explaining that Jett only like's his art lines taped a particular way lol.. I was so glad it didn't have to come out, because it wouldn't have been nice having to have another one put it.

Jett also let the surgeon know he wasn't too keen on the idea of surgery by having a major desat when she touched his foot! The Surgeon (Dr R) said his next surgery wont be until after xmas. It's not far away, but in a way it is. I am a bit worried that in that time something will happen to force them to operate earlier. I hope not. My goal now is for Jett to be off the ventilator and on CPAP for xmas.. I am praying he gets strong enough in the next 6 or so weeks to pull through this surgery and have enough viable bowel for Dr R to be able to do something. In the meantime, his TPN has been increased which has caused him to become even more puffy than he was. When he has his head turned the side that he has been laying on is totally flat and he can't open his eyes :(.. Poor Baby. His platelets had dropped again yesterday, but Dr D wasn't too concerned.

Jett will probably be having the drain in his abscess taken out maybe next week. It doesn't seem to be draining much, so no need for it to be there. The drain in his intestine will be staying.. One positive, at least he will stay in an open cot while it's in and Mummy has better access.

MUMMY

I'm in pain and over it. Can't wait to feel better physically, then it might be easier to deal with the emotional stuff. It's so hard seeing Jett ventilated day in, day out. We don't seem to be moving forward. In a way I'm glad surgery is a while away because I know he may not survive. I really want him to be here for xmas. It is hard though, I hope he can get stronger and get off this ventilator soon. I would like him on CPAP by xmas. I don't know what other goal to work towards.

It's Taite and Seth's birthday tomorrow. I miss them so much. If I didn't have Jett I would be a sobbing mess probably not getting out of bed, but I have to for Lil Jett. I really hope I have a nice day tomorrow. I am looking forward to my cuddle :)

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you .. n your health
    Thinking of Jett .. n his health
    Thinking of Seth n Taite .. and how they don't have to worry about health anymore as they fly free.
    What a journey Abby! Still in awe of how you travel.
    You got style siStar <3
    more and more love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say it better than that ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow Abby and I promise to look up to heaven and wish Taite and Seth happy birthday. My little boy is up there too, so who knows maybe they'll be playing together.

    Jett is a beautiful baby, thank you for sharing his photos. I can see why you're so in love :)

    I wish I had words to make things better for you. All I can say is that you're beyond amazing and the very definition of strength. Enjoy your cuddle tomorrow and soak up the smell of your beautiful baby xxxx

    ReplyDelete