Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 46 :)

(The last post was written Saturday 12th not Fri 11th, the date has displayed wrong because I started a post on the 11th but completed it on the 12th.)

JETT

Jett is again doing beautifully today :) His pressures and rate have come down overnight and today. Ventilation details are: Rate 55, pip 16, peep 6 and he has been on about 23% oxygen most of the day, only increasing it for his cares.

He had a minimal sponge bath today and a bed change. He handled that so well. His oxygen was increased but his pressure and rate was left the same and he didn't desat once! Totally different to 2 days ago where he had a major brady and desat..

He also had his tube retaped. I hate that, it's so traumatising. He now had a skin tear on his face :( I don't think the nurse used remover to unstick the tape.. If she did it wasn't enough.. She applied bactroban (I think it's that) to prevent infection.. I will NOT be happy if his face gets infected..

So all in all he has had another good day, the only concerning thing is he has had 7 and 8ml aspirates. Not really sure what that means, the Dr didn't seem too worried. I am scared his bowel will perforate again. He didn't show symptoms last time, but I am hoping that because his ventilation is being decreased that is a good sign that all is ok, it's just part of the healing process.

They have changed his AB's again. I can't remember the name of the new one, but the gentamicin and fluclox have been ceased, so now he's on 2 types of AB's.. Praying that it works and this infection doesn't spread. His HB is 92 so no blood transfusion, he isn't really symptomatic anyway.. His BP is good, the only medication he is on for that now is the hydrocortisone. The dopamine and dobutamine are gone.. Yay!!

List of drugs at the moment:

Meropenem
new AB (I forget the name)
Lasix
caffeine
hydrocortisone
Morphine
medazalam
KCL & Sodium are added to his TPN..

I think that's all, but he has certainly tried out the pharmacy :)

MUMMY

A fairly good day, except when the nurse talks to me about Jett she speaks like he's going to die. She was saying things like "Just enjoy make the most of every day with him and know that you have learnt from his journey" Umm, I'm kinda hoping I will CONTINUE to learn from his journey, and this journey isn't over. There was other things she was saying but I can't think of them now..

I can't believe how Jett looks. He looks so good. He still has a lot of edema, but he is a good colour and is very active despite being on 20mcgs of morph and medaz. He was wide awake today for his cares and bath. We had the best eye contact this morning.. Now he is 32wks adjusted, he is due for an eye test. They wont do it this week, but I'm sure they will do it soon. I'll ask Dr D tomorrow.

TMI about boobs (AGAIN)

My nipples are still very very sore. I have stopped using daktarin and am now using canestan cream on them.. I am really hoping that clears them up.. If not I will ask my cardiologist if she really thinks it's risky to take the diflucan tablet. I must have systemic thrush, it is so persistant and I think the tablet is the only thing that will get rid of it.. I have tried everything else! Lets see how the canestan works. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment